Internationally recognized program
HANEN: It takes two to talk
Empowering parents to connect more deeply with their child who struggles with language and communication.
Are your child’s language and communication challenges making it difficult for you to connect? Do you ever feel unsure if you are doing the “right things” to help them at home?
By the end of the 8-week program (and over 18 hours of personalized training), you will have the tools to transform everyday routines into language rich experiences for your child.
Research has proven that with the right tools, parents are often their child’s best language teacher (even better than speech therapy alone). This evidence-based program is geared specifically for parents of children between the ages of 1 and 5 who are struggling with language and communication.
You will be taught practical strategies to help your child learn language naturally from you, their first and best teacher! Here are some examples of what you’ll learn to do:
- Recognize your child’s stage and style of communication so that you know which steps to take next
- Identify what motivates your child to interact with you so you’ll know how to get conversations started
- Adjust everyday routines to help your child take turns communicating and keep interactions going
- Follow your child’s lead to build his/her confidence and encourage him/her to communicate
3 components to the program:
- Pre-program consultation
- Small group sessions with other parents, Mondays from 9AM – 11AM
- 3 private training sessions with the instructors who will coach you with your child in real-time.
Marni Dewes, M.S., CCC-SLP
Hanen-Certified Speech-Language Pathologist
Group sessions run
Mondays 9 am to 11 am
February 7, 2022 to April 4, 2022
Special Introductory Price:
$100 off for current BBPS families
WHAT PARENTS SAY
I have just completed It Takes Two to Talk. What a difference this has made to the quality of life for my little girl. She is more confident and will initiate a conversation and join in activities. Several weeks ago she would not have done so.
Patricia, mother of four-year-old Kelly
Thank you so much for your genuine concern and help with our family during the It Takes Two to Talk Hanen Program. As a mother, it has been wonderful to see Jason grow and learn! But the most useful aspect has been my relationship with Jason. I have grown closer to him and now understand him, because I am truly “listening.” I believe the Hanen class is the most valuable thing I could have done with Jason between the ages of 0-3. It has taught me how to better “hear” and relate to my son. This is an invaluable skill and I am so very appreciative of it.
– A mother in California